5th Annual Southbrook Classic
August 12, 13, 14 2016
NO Handicap Required 4-Person Scramble Bring Your Own Team
Call for Details….320-274-2341
2016 SOUTHBROOK MONDAY NIGHT JUNIOR LEAGUE
This league is designed for kids to be able to go out play, have fun, and continue to learn the rules and equate of golf!
Mondays 6PM June 6th-July 25th
All Ages Competition Play
League Fee $15 plus green fees
Pizza Party 8:30 July 25th
Call Southbrook to Sign up 320-274-2341
Junior Annual Pass: $145 plus tax.
Golf Team Pass: $80 plus tax.
10% Discount for New Junior Annual Pass holders.
Includes: Unlimited golf plus 1 Free Guest/Month for 2-9 holes or 1-18 hole
This is a great economical way to for the kids to be outside and gain more golf experience!
Women’s Lucky Ladies League
Tuesdays 5:30PM Shotgun
Starts on May 3rd and runs thru Aug 30th.
Format: 9 hole Match Play
Start up meeting is on April 12th 6pm
Starts May 12th
Format: 9 holes just for FUN, then Lunch.
Men’s Senior League
Starts May 3rd and runs thru September. Fun Day in September
Format: Different weekly games
Starts May 5th Fun Night and Banquet mid-August. Playoffs following.
Informational Mtg Tuesday,April 5th 6pm
Southbrook Men’s League Rules & Procedures 2016
- Two Man Net Matchplay
- Each Team will identify one member as Team Captain.
- Wednesday Night 2-person Scramble
- Thursday Mens Afternoon League 3pm
Twenty-two (22) team points from combination of hole-by-hole matchplay and 9 hole net score match points.
Eleven (11) points per player Nine (9) hole-by-hole points Two (2) net total round points
III. Point Earning
- Each team player is allowed one point for a win per hole, ½ point for a hole
Method: halved, and zero points for a hole lost. A player could win 9 points in the hole-by-hole competition.
- Each player is allowed two points for a 9 hole net score win, 1 point for a 9 hole net score tie, and zero points for a 9 hole net score loss.
- Added together, each player can possibly win 11 points for his team. The team could possibly win 22 points. The combination of both team’s points will equal 22, with the exception of a forfeit.
IV. Failure to show
Failure to show for match is a forfeit. The team forfeiting the match will for match: receive zero points, and the other team will play the match vs. par.
The team playing vs. par will earn a minimum of 11 points for the night.
- Lower handicapper of the team plays the lower handicapper of the Competitors: the opposing team
- Full handicap stroke allotment, with the lower handicap player giving strokes on the progressively more difficult holes.
- Score card matching is not allowed. The scheduled match must be played vs. scheduled opponents on Tuesday, the scheduled league night.
- Each player must have a current USGA GHIN or NGN handicap.
- Handicap services are available for purchase in the Proshop.
- Players may use a current USGA GHIN handicap from another course. The player will need to make his computer ID number available to the Proshop for purposes of making the weekly scorecards.
- All rounds (league or otherwise) must be entered into the computer handicap system in order to maintain accurate, up-to-date handicaps for league competition.
- Players new to the league may transfer their handicap from another course.
- Players without an established handicap will play at scratch until they post a minimum of five (5) 9 hole scores.
- Teams will play their scheduled opponents at 5:30PM each Tuesday.
- Failure to show up for the scheduled match will result in a forfeit. After a five (5) minute wait, play will begin. Late player(s) may join the match in progress, but forfeit all holes played to the point they join the match until, 6:00PM. After 6:00PM, the match is a forfeit even if a player(s) arrive.
- A team may play one player against two in the event his partner is unable to play on a given league day.
- A team may get a substitute(s) to play in the place of one or both of its members. The substitute must have a current USGA handicap. The Proshop will maintain a list of substitute players.
- A maximum of three (3) scheduled matches with one or no partners is allowed. On the fourth and any subsequent occurrences, the team automatically loses 11 points for one (1) absent partner and 22 points if both partners are absent.
- The Proshop, Superintendent, and Men’s League Coordinator will determine whether or not the golf course is playable, or if current/forecasted weather conditions dictate the cancellation of scheduled play. If in doubt, call the Proshop after 4:00PM on Tuesdays.
- Once play begins, any decision to cancel play will be made in accordance with the above stated procedure. The only exception being in the event of lightening or obvious severe weather, all players should return to the clubhouse or find shelter. Again, in this event a determination whether or not to resume play will be made in accordance with the above.
- Scorecards will be prepared in advance of each weeks scheduled play.
- Procedure: Prior to the match, one of the opposing team captains should pick up the scorecard in the Proshop.
- Following completion of the match, each team captain should verify the results of the match, sign, and turn the scorecard in to the Proshop.
- The Men’s League Coordinator will maintain responsibility for entering each players score weekly.
- Incomplete scorecards will not be posted. A complete scorecard will identify the total points won by each team, and the adjusted gross score for each player. Each players gross score must be adjusted according to USGA Equitable Stroke Control (ESC) rules. Mandatory hole by hole adjustments per handicap are posted next to the handicap PC in the Proshop.
- USGA Rules apply.
- Frequently, USGA Rules are misinterpreted. If there are questions or disputes regarding the rules, or a procedure (i.e. out of bounds, water hazards, lost balls, etc.) play two balls and get a ruling when play is completed. The Men’s League Coordinator will be solely responsible for resolving disputes regarding rules and procedures.
- If one or more players in the group have a current USGA Rule Book, the team captains may consult it and try to determine how to interpret a rule in question.
- Standings will be posted on the bulletin board each week prior to scheduled play on Tuesday.